Black Hops-Black Friday Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates list of hops that will be available:

Cascade
Warrior
Palisade
Tettnang
Opal
Saphir
Northdown
Challenger
Mt. Hood
Chinook
Columbus
Nugget
Brambling Cross
Phoenix
Falconer's Flight
7 C's
Zythos
E.K.G
Hersbrucker
Mittlefruh
Spalter Select
Northern Brewer

waited ill midnight to order a pound of 7C's and a pound of Zythos and realized that you are Central Time (after checkout)....any way to call and adjust it so I get the sale price?

I think it is getting hammered. I saw the prices but when I went to add them to my cart it crashed.

I have a solution. Everyone stop hitting the site so I can process my order then you can resume! :)

Joining the chorus - it appears that we have a new 'homebrewtalk' effect that is capable of crashing servers :)

Well I waited and selected and clicked add and got an error and then your site stopped responding. I get that things go wrong occasionally but this is the third site that has touted "big sale'" at midnight and not a one worked! You'd think this might be a situation where maximum care was taken to get the buys in this economy on this day but... whatever I'm off to bed. I have enough hops to get me through a few more months.

Well I waited and selected and clicked add and got an error and then your site stopped responding. I get that things go wrong occasionally but this is the third site that has touted "big sale'" at midnight and not a one worked! You'd think this might be a situation where maximum care was taken to get the buys in this economy on this day but... whatever I'm off to bed. I have enough hops to get me through a few more months.

A minute too soon...

I really did not anticipate this happening, I'm trying to figure out a solution.

Either there are a heck of a lot more people on this forum than I thought, or the vendors have much worse web hosting that I thought. This is the 3rd website to go down already.

Just took some NyQuil. Hope I am still awake when the site gets fixed. I have about 10-12 hops I was going to order.

Web hosting is a 24/7/365 business, and his site is down.

Even though the site is on Godaddy, which is a big provider, he isn't getting through to anybody at this hour that can do anything. It's too decentralized. I am a web designer and I have dealt with a ton of hosts. If anything, he'll call and they'll tell him they need to repopulate the servers and it should be back within a hour.

Ahhhh man! Bummer deal! I was looking forward to buying some hops for EdWort's Haus Pale Ale!

Gotta love the interwebz...

Even though the site is on Godaddy, which is a big provider, he isn't getting through to anybody at this hour that can do anything. It's too decentralized. I am a web designer and I have dealt with a ton of hosts. If anything, he'll call and they'll tell him they need to repopulate the servers and it should be back within a hour.

I figured it was godaddy, their windows servers suck, and their linux servers aren't much better. It's dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I put a question mark because I wouldn't figure they'd do much either, but it's probably worth a phone call.

I meant to say if, I don't know if it's in Godaddy. I just imagined they had a large customer service dept. because they suck.

Back