Where are all the Chugger Pumps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debating whether to get a Little Giant 3-MD-MT-HC or Chugger. Went to the chugger website, which is confusing. When you click on the brewing pump, it shows specs for a 12 volt pump. Is this the pump plus motor? Do all chuggers have SS heads? I do not currently have a March pump, so I need the whole thing, motor and all. And what is the total cost? The Little Giant is being used by a lot of brewers with great success and has a much higher flow rate than smaller pumps, and sells for about 160 bucks new (total including shipping).

I was on the recieving end of the stainless pump head deal. Didn't get mine with the pumps when they came but as soon as I e-mailed I got them within three days free of charge.

Debating whether to get a Little Giant 3-MD-MT-HC or Chugger. Went to the chugger website, which is confusing. When you click on the brewing pump, it shows specs for a 12 volt pump. Is this the pump plus motor? Do all chuggers have SS heads? I do not currently have a March pump, so I need the whole thing, motor and all. And what is the total cost? The Little Giant is being used by a lot of brewers with great success and has a much higher flow rate than smaller pumps, and sells for about 160 bucks new (total including shipping).

I recently bought two Chugger Pumps w/ stainless steel heads shipped to be for $293 total! I thought that was a great deal.

SS INLINE BREWING PUMP
$139.00 x 2 = $278 = $15 S&H = $293 total

They shipped fast and I got them quick...still in the build process of my eHERMS, but I think that these will be the ticket!!!

What features are people deciding based on? The $139 doesn't seem to be cheaper than March so it must not be cost.

because stainless steel is better....or so that is the perception. Some people do not want high temperature liquids flowing through plastic.

Yet they're fine with the Polysulfone impeller but not the polysulfone head? :drunk:

Oh well, I guess I am late to this discussion... betting it's been had many times before around here.

Latest posts

Back