What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing this up. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399769879.815465.jpg

Had this in a bomber a few years or more ago, now its in a 4 pack, about 3 mo. from bottleing. Meh it used to be a little better but just ok but I think its worse now. Kinda hot and dry, with a weak aroma. Lame for 8.5% though.

bridge burner.jpg

I would get this one again, saved half from yesterday - and thank you John Maier flavor saver beard yeast :p, dumped the rest of the bridgeburner. Disapointing free beer beer club punch card beer. Dang, wish I had got the Clown Shoes galactica instead of Drainpourer, I mean bridgeburner.

beard.jpg

My Peat-Smoked Porter, currently, though I'm having a bit of a love-affair with the Ale Asylum Bedlam! Some tasty, tasty stuff. Makes me jealous that I can't brew beer this good...yet.

Attachments

• 1399780062282.jpg
    1399780062282.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 75
2nd pour. Matt's on the left and mine is on the right.
View attachment 198736

The sound of a balloon deflating....

Mine with no head. Ouch. I'm going to need to bottle an IPA in a week or so and really need to figure this carb thing out! I'll start with a fresh bag of priming sugar and get some advice!

Strangely, I opened a chilled 12 oz bottle and got a decent head on the pour, let it die down and it left a thin layer that didn't go away for a few minutes. But then, several small "spots" appeared that continued to effervesce (See photo). Eventually, the top cleared. When I drink, it bubbles in the mouth. The flavor and aroma are good, though. I'm stumped.

Attachments

• DSC04690.jpg
    DSC04690.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 78
Working on a Stone mixed 12 pack. IPA and Ruination down, Arrogant Bastard and Sublimely Self-righteous black IPA on deck.

Back