Perlick groove questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker18

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just recieved my perlicks the other day and noticed on 2 of them the "teeth" to line up with the shanks are a little different. 2 taps have double the grooves than the other 2. Is there a reason for this? I'm sure they will still work just fine, I haven't really tried to fit them together yet, just a dry fit. Is there something I should be doing special with either one of these?

I'm at work, see what I can do when I get home. On two of the taps, there is a tooth for every groove in the shank, and on two of them there is a gap, and looks like a tooth for every other groove.

as long as it fits I wouldnt think there's an issue. But it's odd that from the same order you have different groovings.

P7260071.jpg

the two different teeth patterns. I am going to hopefully get these installed this weekend, if there is any time.

The shanks that I have would have a tooth in every groove of the finer, double toothed perlick. I guess the courser one will just skip every other groove. I was just asking as this is my first attempt, and was wondering if there was a reason for this.

Latest posts

Back