If brewing extract what is estimated mash effenciy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
Just started using Beer Alchemy and doing my first recipe on it and it ask how I'm brewing, since I havn't made the jump to all-grain, or really plan to anytime soon, I put in extract with steeping grains and it automatically inputs 75% effenciy. SO what should I put here?

75% is fine. You won't really get much of a conversion from your steeping grains, so I wouldn't even bother trying to calculate it.

It will automatically figure the extract portion of your recipe at 100% conversion. The only thing the 75% is for is the grains you add.

also quick question, is there a place I can goto to find out how much fruit will affect my SG/OG, I'm just trying to figure out if I add fruit in the secondary, I know some more fermentation will kick up right? So I need to figure that in so I can get an acurate OG prior to the fruit and end with my desired FG.

75% is fine. You won't really get much of a conversion from your steeping grains, so I wouldn't even bother trying to calculate it.

It will automatically figure the extract portion of your recipe at 100% conversion. The only thing the 75% is for is the grains you add.

Thx that helps alot.

Back