Big screen kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
I think kegging is going to be a necessay evil:D My son has a broken big screen on a local classified site for 40.00, I told him if it doesnt sell. I want it. he said I could have it for 5.00 so I think my new project has just been born. This would make an awsome kegerator as the dimensions should hold 8 corny kegs with a co2 tank as well as make it possible to add a drawer at the bottom to hold roughly 20 cubit feet of whatever,

Do any of you know what steps would be needed to get started. I know it needs to be insulated and sleved with plastic, whatabout cooling element? any advice!

The stc-1000 seems affordable, and I see large chest freezers around for 150.00 or so, this might be the way to go. I was hopeing for some type of element I could add to the cabinet. thanks for the input.

How big is the tv??? Sounds ginormous... Do you need a forklift to move it around? Seriously, 8 corny kegs (assuming 5 gallons each) AND a CO2 tank takes up a good amount of space.

On a side note, if you use the screen, you still need something that can get cold, and retain it (freezer with controller is a good choice). IMO, modifying the tv to do the job is just not financial viable. You might be able to use parts of it to either hide the keezer, or add accents to it. But, a dead TV as part of a keezer/kegorator is just a huge tease. IMO, better to have a decent working tv somewhere in the same room as the keezer/kegorator so that people can pull pints and then actually watch something. :D

It is a 60inch, huge? yes! It is hard to move around because of the interals of the tv, gutted, I dont know! I would throw some casters on it if i do do it. block the screen out with particle board and paint it with chalk board paint. Im just toying with the idea, Ive seen some cool keezers that have upwards of 8 taps. they have to be the same size or close. As far as taking up space, what doesnt take up space with this hobby. If I can Incorporate some storage and just use 2 kegs Id be ok with that,

couldnt you build some type of refrigerator unit into the tv? Take the door off a small fridge and build the refrig into the shell of the tv.

I think it would be better to just use the tv as a facade. That way you just use a keezer/brew fridge to keep things at the right temp, still have taps and such, but it can look like a tv. You can even make something that looks like a stand to increase the height if needed. Have a panel that comes away with a push catch (press it to release, then pull it away) that covers the taps and such. :D

Back