Saison didn't fully attenuate. Thinking of adding some Brett.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrakeleyBrewing

Reaction score
So my saison quit at 1.016. I tried adding some champagne yeast, but that didn't do anything. I was thinking turning it into a brett saison. Will the champagne yeast cause any problems?

Do a search for "saison yeast" and that should turn up plenty of info on getting your beer to finish out.

The general consensus is to get the temperature up (I use a water bath with an aquarium heater) and swirl the fermenter (no splashing!) to get the yeast into suspension.

Merry Christmas!

Do a search for "saison yeast" and that should turn up plenty of info on getting your beer to finish out.

The general consensus is to get the temperature up (I use a water bath with an aquarium heater) and swirl the fermenter (no splashing!) to get the yeast into suspension.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!. I should have provided some more info. I pretty much did exactly what you said. I used my ferm fridge with a hair dryer to slowly ramp the temp from 68 to 82 over the course of a few days. It stayed at 82 for a week and stuck at 1.016.

all grain or extract/ what temp did you mash at/ post your recipe.

Merry Christmas!. I should have provided some more info. I pretty much did exactly what you said. I used my ferm fridge with a hair dryer to slowly ramp the temp from 68 to 82 over the course of a few days. It stayed at 82 for a week and stuck at 1.016.

Ah, well I got nothin' for ya then.

Tinga said:
all grain or extract/ what temp did you mash at/ post your recipe.

It was the saison extract kit from northern brewer, but I swapped the normal Belgian yeast for the private collection farmhouse ale yeast. I then followed the fermentation schedule from Brewing Classic Styles. Started at 68, then got it to 82 in a few days, left it there for almost 2 weeks. The last week or so it didn't budge from 1.016.

Back