Hop Location chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
I read on these forums that there is a chart some where on the web that shows the regions where Hops are grown?( ie:Germany, New Zealand, etc) If there is such a chart I would be interested in looking at it. If someone could give me the site that would be awsome. Just to find out where they are originaly grown, so I can feel more informed on brewing history. Cheers:mug:

I haven't seen one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

In Germany, the Hallertau region is south of Ingolstadt and north of Munich; the Spalt area is SE of Nurnberg, north of Donauworth and west of Ingolstadt; and the Tetnang reagion is east of Lindau at Lake Constance or in German, the Bodensee (look for the largest lake toward Switzerland) and north of Austria. I've driven through those areas many times.

I first visited Czechoslovakia in 1991. I used to live 1.5 hours from the Czech Republic (99-04) and been there many times; Plzn (Pilsen) and Ceske Budejovice (Budweis), but I have never seen and Saaz hops growing there...hmmm.

Back