My keezer build...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Not 100% complete yet but it is getting there. I wanted it to look as if it came from a factory. I think it came out really well. The last faucet spot is for a stout faucet.

I had a guy I work with build the collar for me. I wanted everything to be flush which made the build a little harder. As you can see in the 2nd picture, the lip of the freezer dips down so the guy at work built the collar to fit right in that. It took us a few tries back and forth with measuring and cutting but we made it perfectly. Since it fits perfect I didn't have to glue it which I like (I wanted to make sure I could put it back to how I bought it just in case I needed to return it). I put a strip of white door frame insulation around the lip to insulate it better. I also used some of the pink insulation. I do have a fan in the bottom which I forgot to take a picture of. He built a little stand for that as well so it is angled at 45 degrees.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

LandoLincoln said:
Frosted glasses?

FROSTED GLASSES?!

Get out.

No not frosted. Remember it is basically a fridge not a freezer. They are just cold. If you pour cold beer into warm glasses you will get foam from the co2 coming out of suspension. You will not get that with cold glasses. I have not once got a bad pour using the glasses. There is not frost on them so I never get those "ice chunks" that you normally would with a frost glass.

Now you get out

Back