My Homemade Dry-Hop Stopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a paint strainer wrapped around my racking cane. Worked like a charm to filter out the dry-hop junk that was suspended throughout my secondary.

Hopstopper_1.jpg

Hopstopper_2.jpg

Hopstopper_3.jpg

Sorry for taking up so much real estate.

How did you secure the paint strainer around your racking cane? I was thinking a zip tie would be a good idea. I have a batch that is dry hopping right now that will get bottled next week. I think I will give this a try.

I bottled a pale ale yesterday and had my bottling wand plug up twice due to hops. I had to take it apart mid-stream to clean the hops out. I wonder if this would work. I tried a mesh bag (typically used for grain steeping) but that plugged up. I also had my little thingy fall off the bottom of my racking cane once and I ended up with a bunch of hops in my keg. I had to toss out about two pitchers full before it ran clear - of course, I drank about half the second pitcher.

Latest posts

Back