BeerSmith double infusion problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
My initial strike temperature is right on the money. But for 2 consecutive brews, my first infusion misses it's mark by about 8 degrees. I then have to add about 3 quarts of boiling water to hit my temperature. Then the mashout is right on the money as well. Is there something simple that I am missing on the first infusion?

Pre-heating shouldn't matter because my strike temperature is right on the money. I forgot to check my temperature before doing the second infusion. But my Igloo mash tun has always keept my temperature within a degree over an hour.

Hmmm. In my little experience with Beersmith, the infusion calculator did not match up with the mash designer. With the exact same variables, the single infusion calculator called for 2+ quarts less h20 than the mash designer(recipe screen). 2 other calculators agreed with the mash designer from the recipe screen. Have you double checked what ProMash or others called for with your same recipe?

Back