What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to try my chocolate/coffee stout that I bottled last week. Got my fingers crossed.

Wake up Dead from Left Hand.First timer here. Absolultly great. Followed by Prima Pils, who says you cant drink light after dark beers.

Health food store gave me a case of 2007 St. Louis Framboise, and Peche, the manager thought they might have gone bad.

Nice one!

Was the store a Yes store? They are truly a mini-Whole Foods with a mini-good-selection.

Related: Went to Rhode Island last week. Can only buy beer in liquor stores (weird).

iambeer said:
Nice one!

Was the store a Yes store? They are truly a mini-Whole Foods with a mini-good-selection.

Related: Went to Rhode Island last week. Can only buy beer in liquor stores (weird).

No, it was an independently owned natural foods market called Grande Foods, I feel bad for convincing them to stock Rouge, because they have shelves full of Hazelnut Brown, and I rarely buy that one. The Péche is actually an 06, but they are stellar.

My Hopfen Weisse. Drinking this before I tackle cleaning toilets for company visiting...

If I drink a few more, I may not care about cleaning them. Hm.... :D

My Hopfen Weisse. Drinking this before I tackle cleaning toilets for company visiting...

If I drink a few more, I may not care about cleaning them. Hm.... :D

Gross, I might need rum for that job. :mug: Cleaned the brewery some this afternoon, that's about my limit for the day. Working on a Reissdorf Kolsch as I impatiently wait for my pepperoni, bacon and extra cheese 'za to arrive. :rockin:

On my 4th round of my Amarillo/Centennial IPA. Beer's made it over its freshness hump, hop character is fading. Still a handful of bottles left, so I'm trying to kill em off over the next couple days.

STone Ruination 10th anniversary.Nice history on the back of the bottle. Like back of boxes of cereal when your a kid,its always fun reading something or seeing something interesting on the back of a bottle(or bottom of a six pack carrier).Which remindes me of toys/prizes inside which reminds me of why not a hop in the bottle? Hell,Ive done it but with a pellot which just settled,but still.. whole hop?,why not. We have seen chili's,but not hops? How can this be? Its soooo gimicky it has to be done.

jonmohno said:
STone Ruination 10th anniversary.Nice history on the back of the bottle. Like back of boxes of cereal when your a kid,its always fun reading something or seeing something interesting on the back of a bottle(or bottom of a six pack carrier).Which remindes me of toys/prizes inside which reminds me of why not a hop in the bottle? Hell,Ive done it but with a pellot which just settled,but still.. whole hop?,why not.

I've thought the same, I have a mjød I made with Serebrianka hops, and had a swing top in the fridge, and loaded it up with fresh Cascade hops yesterday. It looks nice, but would be a pain to get in/out without destroying it, if it were a larger cone.

Pliny the Elder with my paperwork.

I've thought the same, I have a mjød I made with Serebrianka hops, and had a swing top in the fridge, and loaded it up with fresh Cascade hops yesterday. It looks nice, but would be a pain to get in/out without destroying it, if it were a larger cone.

Pliny the Elder with my paperwork.

Ive seen those hoptea bags,which you can put in your beer.Seem pricey,but wonder how they are.:mug:

If you were to do a whole hop in a bottle, you'd need a bottle you could see through, meaning light exposure....

If you were to do a whole hop in a bottle, you'd need a bottle you could see through, meaning light exposure....

Good point.But for homebrew that would work nicely,since we know how to store beer properly:rolleyes:

Having a DFH India Brown Ale-seriously good stuff.

Something like this, amber glass on the bottom, clear/green on top, hop inside?

images.jpeg

My Saison, my Tripel, my pale ale, my Black IPA, my Imperial West Coast Red
Commercial: Blue Mountain Full Nelson PA, Avery Karma PA, Sneaky Pete IIPA, Uinta Punkin, a deuce of Epic Spiral Jetty, New Holland Imperial Mad Hatter
Next? TBD
Edit: decided on Uinta Barleywine

If this was a Sunday, I'd run for DOTW :)

New Belgium Red Hoptober. Interesting piney herbal nose. Sharp hop punch to start and finish with bready malt in the middle. Beautiful deep copper color. A bit unbalanced lingering bitter on the back of the tongue Overall nice but not stellar.

Water. I'm trying to not drink coffee during the week at work.

Got a Shorts Strawberry Shortcake at home to try with the wife. Neither of us are expecting to like it much.

Latest posts

Back