Ahhhh, damn it....Ale problems....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassyBrewer

Reaction score
So just popped open the first Pumpkin Spice Ale today after 1.5 weeks in the bottle. There were sludgy strings which I assume to be yeast in the glass when poured and a super sour smell. It was in the primary for 10 days, then has been in the bottle for about a week and a half. I assume that if it was mold, it would be growing on top of the beer in the bottle. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

My first guess is green beer. Try putting the bottles in a dark cool place for another week or two, then try again. If you're not used to the flavor of green beer, it can seem pretty raw, and at only three weeks at the outside, it's way too soon to know how it will taste when it's finished.

So just popped open the first Pumpkin Spice Ale today after 1.5 weeks in the bottle. There were sludgy strings which I assume to be yeast in the glass when poured and a super sour smell. It was in the primary for 10 days, then has been in the bottle for about a week and a half. I assume that if it was mold, it would be growing on top of the beer in the bottle. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

What does it taste like?

Back