Elysian Night Owl, bad batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCericola

Reaction score
This is the first time I've tried this beer and overall I'm not very excited about it. But I'm curious if I somehow ended up with a bad batch, and was curious if anyone was familiar with this brew.

Basically, if I let a bottle just sit in the fridge, I get about an inch of sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Is this normal? There's no "off" tastes, but it is very watery.

Thoughts?

Basically, if I let a bottle just sit in the fridge, I get about an inch of sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Is this normal? There's no "off" tastes, but it is very watery.

Thoughts?

Wow, this is a commercial brew? I wouldn't say that's normal!

I've actually had a commercial beer that was bad. A friend brought over a sixpack, he had one of them previously and said it was horrible, I opened one and tried it, it tasted fine, drank it all. Another friend opened another one, he's like "Man, this tastes weird" I took a sip and the first sip tasted like water, took another sip and it tasted HORRIBLE. Harsh and bitter, almost had a perfume smell too it, really thin like water and horrible tasting. No idea how it was bad like that, I guess bacteria?

Night Owl was very good when I bought it, I enjoyed it a lot more than other pumpkin beers this season. I think you bought a bad batch. Or maybe I bought an abnormally good one?

Never heard back from the brewery. Ended up giving the 6-pack to a friend who didn't seem to mind trub in the bottle. I asked at a bottle shop and they said sometimes there's floaters but my batch sounded excessive.

Back