Rolling portable kegging setup idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I have too many other things going on right now but thought I'd post this to inspire someone else. This looks like it's made for portable kegging setups: http://www.walmart.com/ip/19581223?wmlspartner=*7WaaTN6umc&sourceid=35255245612840253548&veh=aff

$30 isn't too bad either, considering the 5 gallon without wheels is usually $20+.

With a 2.5 or 3 gallon keg, you could probably just run a shank through the spigot hole. It's elevated so the faucet would be off the ground.

:mug:

Hi

Not big enough for a standard keg. Probably work for a 2 gal *if* the diameter is there. I'd certainly check that, I've seen a lot of "don't fit" combos.

A 100 quart (12.5 gal) is what you normally use for a 5 gallon keg.

Bob

image-4284964129.jpg

image-1683565525.jpg

image-1719284482.jpg

Here's what I made from one. I hollowed out the lid and drilled two round holes, one in back for the co2 line and one in the front for the tap. It works great. I mounted a piece of 1 by 6 board to the back cut to fit very tight and glued on. I painted it black and mounted a water bottle holder and two Velcro straps to hold the co2 tank. All I do is put the keg inside of it and then drop in an ice blanket to keep it cold. I've spent 6 hours at our pool in 98 degree weather and the keg stayed ice cold. The biggest benefit over a 60 or 70 quart ice cube besides the lack of ice needed and weight is the fact that when you're done for the day, there is no beer line to flush out, it's a direct tap set up

View attachment 68869

View attachment 68870

View attachment 68871

Here's what I made from one. I hollowed out the lid and drilled two round holes, one in back for the co2 line and one in the front for the tap. It works great. I mounted a piece of 1 by 6 board to the back cut to fit very tight and glued on. I painted it black and mounted a water bottle holder and two Velcro straps to hold the co2 tank. All I do is put the keg inside of it and then drop in an ice blanket to keep it cold. I've spent 6 hours at our pool in 98 degree weather and the keg stayed ice cold. The biggest benefit over a 60 or 70 quart ice cube besides the lack of ice needed and weight is the fact that when you're done for the day, there is no beer line to flush out, it's a direct tap set up

That's a thing of beauty.

Back