Control Panel Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rion

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a new RIMS system, and I am coming to the point where I am ready to design and wire the control panel. Up to this point I have been able to do fairly well on my own (building the gas mani, propane regulation etc.) with a little help from the forum, but when it comes to the wiring process I am WAY over my head. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but after reading "RIMS for dummies", I feel like even more of a dummy than before I read it! Here is what I am looking for :

main switch to turn entire panel ON/OFF
lights to show pumps/element/panel ON/OFF
Temp controller for HLT with alarm
PID control for heater element for RIMS tube
ON/OFF control for march pumps
Timer for mash,boil,hop additions, etc

I know it may seem like a fairly easy build to the electrically savvy, but I need all the help I can get.

Ok I hate to be that guy, but I would recommend searching ;)

P-J has likely already created that diagram, just a matter of finding it. Find one of this diagrams, goto the root address and start clicking on the others images till you find the layout your looking for.

Squeeky Do you have a sample of this root? I searched out P-J's post with a diagram and then landed on his web page but didn't get to the diagram vault.....

Help pls

Squeeky Do you have a sample of this root? I searched out P-J's post with a diagram and then landed on his web page but didn't get to the diagram vault.....

Help pls
So sorry. I had several people do raids on my image folders. I had to increase the security level of my site.

P-J

Is it your other images you're worried about? You could easily create an online album somewhere else if you wanted to share the diagrams. www.imgur.com is an easy one with album capabilities.

Wait... Wait... I pay D**M good money for my web site and I'm supposed to host my stuff somewhere else? What???

Was just saying if you were wanting to let people browse your images without having to open up root directory, that's one way to do it.

You can try this search to pull up the diagrams that I posted here in various threads:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=12863989

(Hope it works.)
Edit: Yup it does.

Hope this helps you.

The link to your search didn't work for me when I tried just now, what I did when I was looking was search:
(As always, click on the image for a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper 11" x 17")
I don't know if this will find them all or not but i found what I was looking for (thank you very, very P-J) and was able to adapt it to my need.

The link to your search didn't work for me when I tried just now, what I did when I was looking was search:
(As always, click on the image for a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper 11" x 17")
I don't know if this will find them all or not but i found what I was looking for (thank you very, very P-J) and was able to adapt it to my need.
Wow. I guess it only worked for as long as I was logged in. Once I logged out it seems the parameters were lost?

You are correct in the search argument you posted. Or just do a short query with printable on Tabloid paper as the search argument.

Thanks for your post. It's appreciated.

P-J

Rion,

I finished your diagram today and hope it fits your needs.

Please see if this diagram will work for you. I just finished drawing it. Most all of the switches are from Auber Instruments.

As always, click on the image for a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

Wishing you the best,
P-J

Latest posts

Back