Need Shaft Coupling to make motorized mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie3

Reaction score
I need to find a coupling to connect my mill to my motor. Does anyone know any stores that I can pick this up or am I going to have to order it through mcmastercarr?

I have a controller that I can dial the speed of the motor down to where I need it so I want to minimize the effort by directly connecting the two without having to add sheaves.

WW

You could use a basic lovejoy type of coupler, but Mcmaster will get it quicker than a bunch of shopping around probably. Whta are you using as grain rollers? I saw an old commercial printer that the drums were huge in, but dont know if they would be hard enough to crack the hulls of the grain. Otherwise a piece of old roller conveyor might yeild a hard enough piece to do the job, but they are awefully small in diameter. Anyway, how bout a pic and a build commentary when you get it done?
Bob

Back