Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Now that some of us have started brewing with the grain we bought in Round 1 & 2 we are in need of at least starting the thread for Round 3:ban:

Post what you want for a bag total and PM me if you need the price sheet.

I can use:
2-bags 2-row
1-bag wheat
1/2-C40, 1/4 or 1/3-honey, 1/2-C20, is there any C10 on the vendor list?
and probably will think of something else...

The guy who stopped by with his fiancée yesterday while we were brewing says he probably wants 4 sacks of 2-Row, 2 sacks of Pilsen, 1/2 sack of C-20, and 1/2 sack of wheat. He would also like to buy some Star San if we can find some other folks who are willing to participate in a split of the four 1 gallon bottles.

All 4 gallons of Star San are spoken for, as long as they will sell it to us.

Another HBT member, CABAL09, wants the following:

1. BZ-PILS, Pilsen (1 Sack)
2. CM-2ROW, Canadian 2-Row (1 Sack)
3. Starsan 1 gallon if I may

If anyone wants to go in with me, and if they're available, I'd like to get in for:

1/5 bag Biscuit
1/5 bag Pale Chocolate
1/5 bag Acid Malt
1/2 bag Vienna

A gallon of star san would last forever.

I am sure I will need something. If any1 needs rice hulls I still have a butt load, also vienna malt too.

Group brew day at Bobby's this friday to all that care to come. I am gonna do a cereal mash beer.

If anyone wants to go in with me, and if they're available, I'd like to get in for:

1/5 bag Biscuit
1/5 bag Pale Chocolate
1/5 bag Acid Malt
1/2 bag Vienna

Is the TF Amber alright for your biscuit request, it is .71/lb? If you would prefer Franco-Belges it is the same price and is called Kilned Amber.

Have you guys ordered SS before? They might not ship it due to chemical hazard restraints on the product, or it might just be an additional charge. I remember several members of my club wanting some when I lived in Nashville. Just a heads up.

I believe it comes with a Hazmat Fee, but we will ask if they still charge it. The last I heard it was a $35 fee.

I just wanted to let everybody know that we are halfway there, we currently have 22 sacks that are either totally spoken for or are being split.

The current openings in splits are:

Honey Malt (need 2-3 people)
Biscuit Malt (need 3 people)
Crystal 40 (half a bag left)
Acid Malt (need 4 people)
Pale Chocolate (need 4 people)

I'll jump on the other half of Crystal 40 to go with the rest of my order. Thanks.

I want the 4 sacks of 2-Row, 2 sacks of Pilsen, 1/2 sack of C-20, and 1/2 sack of wheat. Hopefully we can get the starsan!

I might be in this time... Do they have Maris Otter? Oh, and I guess a price list might be nice! I'll have to figure out what else I might want.

Here is a start:
1 - Maris Otter
1/2 - Wheat
1/5 - C20
1/2 - Vienna or Munich
If we can get a second case of SS going, I'd be interested in a gallon

you guys do know there is also a hazmat fee with that starsan I believe.
Also if you mix the starsan with RO water or distilled it will last months. So you can reuse and reuse and reuse. There is some other small things I would be interested in.

you guys do know there is also a hazmat fee with that starsan I believe.
Also if you mix the starsan with RO water or distilled it will last months. So you can reuse and reuse and reuse. There is some other small things I would be interested in.

Hazmat? I get the concentrated stuff on my hands all the time. Only really hurts when I have a cut. The concentrate can be great for getting tough stains out of metal cookware. Of course I'm probably taking a layer of metal off the pan, too...

Here is a start:
1 - Maris Otter
1/2 - Wheat
1/5 - C20
1/2 - Vienna or Munich
If we can get a second case of SS going, I'd be interested in a gallon

Is it cool if I put you down for Munich since Billy wants a 1/2 sack? That would finish off that split. Maybe then you could sell me 5-6# of Munich:mug:

Back