First brew complete

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkman

Reaction score
Using a Brewer's Best kit for Dunkelweizen, my first brew is all ready for quaffing! :ban:

IMG_0160.jpg

I kept it in the primary for three weeks. Fermentation temp was low for an ale, around 63F, which left me with a VERY clovey brew. Maybe a little too much, in retrospect. Still, very refreshing and drinkable. Only been carbing for a little over a week. A nice head, which doesn't have a lot of staying power, but that might change with another week of carbing up. For a kit beer I think it came out just fine! :)

Cheers! :mug:

Hey awesome! That was my first beer as well.

I got half way through the steeping process when I realized I was steeping the hops. Then I found out that the specialty grains were missing from the box, so that's how I got confused with the hops. I continued the batch without the specialty grains and put the hops back in for the boil. I didn't like it, and gave away half the batch before I knew what "green" beer tastes like. After properly aging, it ended up to be an awesome beer.

Latest posts

Back