Thinking of Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kencarr

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to all. I am thinking of brewing my own beer and have no idea about how to. Thought this would be a good place to start. It seems like there is a ton of info and experience here. So I will sit back and be a sponge for awhile.

Go read Palmer's howtobrew.com (and buy the newest's edition). The first chapter is all you need to know to get started.

Hi Ken,

It's relatively easy to brew your own beer and the results are better than could be expected!

I'd liken it to making soup or stew in your own pot, but the results are much more rewarding. Don't be afraid to jump in and give it a try. Ask a buddy if they'd like to try it with you. A lot of places have brew on premises, too, so you can try brewing it there and seeing if you like it first before putting money down on the equipment for yourself.

Whatever you decide to do, you're in the right place to get help and advice.

As the last man said stop thinking "you know its bad for you"..and BREW!!!!:drunk:

Am on my 3rd batch and things are going from strength to strength

All the best and hope it goes well

Cheers Raggy

Thank you all for the replies. I am in South Carolina close to Myrtle Beach. I am having trouble finding a store to purchase supplies or a kit. As soon as I find a kit I will give it a try.

Back