• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Copper at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures.

image-2202633992.jpg

image-3941005017.jpg

I haven't looked. Just got the word from a friend so I stopped by the closest store and they had one left. He picked up two from the store he was by. I'd suggest getting to one soon.

Looking at the tag, it's likely on clearance and probably only in stores. Usually yellow tag means clearance. Also, this is the time of the year to find a clearance item since they reset their shelves between now a February. That said, if you can find it, that's a hot deal.

Dang nice find. I kinda crimped the bottom of my 1/2" x 25' that I made 2 years ago. I'm sure it'll eventually find its demise. I'll have to check this out.

Found 50 ft refrig copper tubing 1/2od for 51$ down from $79.43

Also. 1/2" id x 60ft type l copper water tube for $35.03 down from $157.00

Can type L be used for counter flow??

I ran up to the nearest HD at lunch and sure enough, they had them marked at $20.03. They also had 5/8" I think it was for $29.

There was a guy standing nearby when the employee was getting it down from the top shelf for me, when he heard how cheap it was he went and grabbed a shopping cart and proceeded to load up with everything that was left on the shelf.

Got mine last one in stock. 1/2" x 50ft coil

21.68$ out the door

Thanks but you guys are killing me. Now I have to build a copper herms coil and perhaps a counterflow chiller lol

got 60' of 1/2" type L for $27 marked down from $103. the old man who helped me couldn't believe it.

Damn....I bought one earlier today but you guys are making me want to buy more!

Watch a butt load of counterflow coils are going to pop up on here haha

Even I am thinking of getting another.

Too bad I already made a 50ft wort chiller

i bought mine to start my HERMS build, 60' is way more than I need and I already have a CFC

That is a crazy low price. I am going to check my local HD.

Thanks for the heads up.

TRainH2o, did you ever find any?!? I live in Gainesville and I'm wondering if it's that cheap here....in fact...I might just go check it out now!!!

Edit: Just got back from HD. I snagged a roll of 5/8" x 50' for $37 with tax!!!! Regular price was $109!!! I'm gonna make a monster chiller :rockin:

I'm still doing 3 gallon boils in my 5 gallon kettle. Is there an issue using this big of a chiller? I plan to buy a bigger pot to make an ekettle soon. I usually do the ice bath with frozen blocks as my to up water, and it chills it in no time. I got to lagering temps with no issues.

image.jpg

Wow, I was just at Home depot, buying other stuff. I wish I'd seen this before I went there. I'll check tomorrow, but thank you for sharing this! :mug:

Has anyone tried to price match this?

I am going to try tomorrow, I need 3/8 copper for a salt water chiller for my keezer.

and got the go-ahead for a larger copper buy for 3/8 for a ribcage chiller. mUAHAHAH

Just grabbed one! Took a little looking and two employees before I found it on my own. My HD had it on a shelf about eight feet up.

My haul: 50' 1/2" ID for $15.03, 60' 3/8" ID for $25.03, 60' 1/2" ID for $27.03, 60' 3/4" ID for $40.03. I feel like a sketchy copper piping stripper with all this tubing in the trunk of my car.

nasty_rabbit said:
They only had two left, bought 'em both.
I bought the same one!
I'm thinking of making a pre chiller (I love in Texas) and possibly 2 25' wort chillers.

Latest posts

Back