Brewery name picked, need label ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCCCC

Reaction score
I was going to go with Motorin' Matt's, but it just wasn't sittin' right, and I liked Daddy Duc, as well as Desmo Daddy, because of the Ducati reference, but the wife didn't really care for the word Daddy being on a beer bottle in her home, with the two toddlers and all.

I am a "hefty" guy, at 6 ft tall, and 245lbs. I'm going with "Fat Duc Brewery"™. ( I added the ™, but I don't have anything actually filed or pending at the USPTO)

Now I just need to start brainstorming some labels. I would still like something uniquely Ducati'ish, like a single desmo valve, maybe a set of desmo rockers stylized into a rotund duck, I dunno. I'll figure something out.

I'm open to suggestions....

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. In case you don't have a clue about desmodromic valve actuation, it's a valvetrain that doesn't use springs to close the intake and exhaust valves, rather it has cam lobes and rockers for both opening as well as closing the valve. It's been used by Mercedes as well as others, but its predominant use has been by Ducati for high revving V-twin appplications where standard valve configurations were limited to lower RPMs because of the valves "floating" when the motors were revved up to speeds that approached 10K RPM.
beltdrive-desmo.gif

I had a Ducati Elefant for a long time. Sold it this last spring. I still miss it.

I would try and integrate the Italian flag into it. Red, White and Green oval maybe with the letters over the top. Think Fast by Ferraci. You could also integrate an elefant into it. It was stamped all over the early bikes as a mascot.

Yeah a red white green background would be a must. Maybe integrate a pair of wings into your design as well.

But I'm no artist, so don't be too critical of the drawing, just the idea...
1806889712_9f9654d06d_o.jpg

Please, don't be too harsh...

Inspiration:
ducati_logo.JPG

Here's what I'm going to use, at least for a while. I plan on this being a template and leaving enough room as needed for each bottle's contents description somewhere else on the label, perhaps in a different color.

Anyways, this is the logo:
FatDuc-fix3.jpg

The other one just wasn't really working for me...
FatDuc-fix4.gif

Back