Adding Pectic Enzyme for clearing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciderbearlord

Reaction score
This is a very brief question:

I forgot to add Pectic Enzyme to a few batches that are now about a week and a half in. I now fear they won't clear at all. Is it too late to add in now? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!

You can still add the pectic enzyme during fermentation. It just wont work as fast with the alcohol present. If it's not clear enough you can also use a fining agent. Stir a tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into 1 cups boiling water until dissolved, let it cool. Stir it into the batch, do this a few days before you bottle or keg.

caseymac91 said:
You can still add the pectic enzyme during fermentation. It just wont work as fast with the alcohol present. If it's not clear enough you can also use a fining agent. Stir a tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into 1 cups boiling water until dissolved, let it cool. Stir it into the batch, do this a few days before you bottle or keg.

You are the man. May the brew gods bless your boozey heart.

Back