hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burshaw

Reaction score
Just got my tester bottle set up. I used sunrype unsweetened pure apple juice 1 cup dextrose and 1/3 cup of brewers yeast any tips?

Not sure exactly which yeast "brewers yeast" is, but I use a tiny pack(5g I think?) for 5 gallons, have done several one gallon batches with half packs and the latest one with 1/3 pack per gallon, with great results, so 1/3 cup is ALOT of yeast.

Correct, used as a nutritional supplement.

Op, if I were you I would dump it, stop by a local home brew shop and pick up a pack of ale yeast.

The only "brewers yeast" I see is the stuff already listed. There are several baking yeasts shown, but they aren't considered as good for wine or beer as brewers yeast, although technically they would still work.

And there isn't anything terribly wrong with pitching too much yeast in this case. For best flavor the proper amount should be used, but it's better to use too much, usually, than too little. Fermentation ought to be done in a hurry.

Back