where to buy bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXIboneheadIXI

Reaction score
ok im looking for a standard 12 oz long neck bottle, at a decent price, only problem is i need clear.

and i dont drink corona or anything in a clear bottle, and where i live, no one does (redneck area, bud light, bud light and even more piss in a bottle) so even going to a bar and asking them for some clear bottles for more than the return would be woudlnt even help s i may get 1 or 2.

so i need a website that sells them, any help?

Well, the thing with bottles is shipping. It's expensive to ship all that glass. Corona bottles filled with beer, or your clear bottle of choice (I think newcastle and MGD are screw cap, unfortunately), will be cheaper in your grocery store than empty bottles even in your LHBS because the big companies ship in bulk, saving them tons and tons of money. I say throw a mexican fiesta and buy a few cases of corona to hand out. Better than pouring them down the drain.

I got some growlers a while back from sks-bottle.com. I think they shipped from NY so it wasn't too much for shipping. I'm not sure they have the exact bottle style you are seeking though.

looks like im going to have to go the route of buying corona, oh well its a fairly cheap beer atleast. it sucks cause you can find cheap amber bottles so easily

Hm maybe you could loiter around a busy can&bottle return center, the way some people loiter around the parking lot at gun buybacks. With a good supply of change in your pocket you could eye up the clear bottles and sweet talk the patrons such as 'what no way man don't settle for five cents each for your bottles, here I'm going to give you TEN cents a piece.'

Latest posts

Back