Ball lock disconnect - problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
So I recently acquired a few used cornies and a bunch of gas and liquid disconnects for them. After a bunch of time cleaning (the disconnects took 2 separate OxyClean free soaks and a PBW soak, just for good measure), everything is looking in good working order. I've pressure tested the kegs, and they're all waiting patiently with a small amount of star san solution in them.

But, after cleaning them all off, I checked out my disconnects, and found that the liquid disconnects vary a bit. Here's a picture that best explains what I'm about to ask:

IMG_0236.jpg

So, the one on the right has some sort of black plastic cap on its tip (these are both MFL connectors, by the way) that, possibly among other things, makes the opening smaller. Is this going to cause a problem, if that hole is that much smaller than the beer line (I've got a bunch of 3/16" beer line stranded somewhere out in the blizzard at the moment ;) )? Should I drill out the hold a bit, just leave it as is, or toss these free disconnects and pick up a couple new ones intended for beer distribution?

Use them as is, they are fine, no matter the size tubing.

The one on the right has an integral washer. With the other, you should use a nylon washer in the barbed fitting.

Wait, they are actually no good...I'll send you a PM with my shipping address... :D

Back