What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a coffee noir, backwoods bastard, and Nobel rot at the bar. Came home a going to open this.

y3esuzap.jpg

Sent from desk of Hedly Lamar. Thats HEDLY!

Had a good night, went to a local brewery and picked up a mini 32oz growler of a strawberry rhubarb berlinerwiess and a new glass, then went to Old Chicago for dinner where they had an Alaskan tap takeover. Tried their new IIPA called Hopothermia which was damn good and extra tasty when I found out I got to keep the glass, then followed that with a Freeride APA which was ok but nothing great. The strawberry rhubarb Berliner is floccin fantastic though!

1393046526108.jpg

1393046537472.jpg

Hops are not in ever beer. Read the hop growers garden. I have brewed several beers with out hops. I guess I should have said I prefer the taste of a balanced beer to the taste of hop juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like balanced and unbalanced beers alike. Of course, my tastes might be a little off since I don't wear a horse head while I'm drinking. ;)

Hops are not in ever beer. Read the hop growers garden. I have brewed several beers with out hops. I guess I should have said I prefer the taste of a balanced beer to the taste of hop juice.

Hops are in every beer. You did not officially make beer with out hops. Some are just to balance the beer some are for the flavor and bitterness the hops bring.

I am by no means a kid but sometimes I try to be cool (as you
can tell) I fail at cool. So I just drink and have fun.

Ale typically has bittering agent(s) to balance the sweetness of the malt and to act as a preservative. Ale was originally bittered with gruit, a mixture of herbs (sometimes spices) which was boiled in the wort prior to fermentation. Later, hops replaced the gruit blend in common usage as the sole bittering agent.

Ale is one of the oldest beverages humans have produced, dating back to at least the 5th millennium BC and recorded in the written history of Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. I seriously doubt they had hops back then.

No I don't brew in the Bronze Age but their are many other things to bitter a beer besides hops. Like I said read the hop growers garden. I don't have to taste hops when I drink a beer if I don't want to. The joy of being a home brewer is I make what I want. If you like hop juice don't get mad. I don't care. But don't tell me that it's not beer with out hops.

No I don't brew in the Bronze Age but their are many other things to bitter a beer besides hops. Like I said read the hop growers garden. I don't have to taste hops when I drink a beer if I don't want to. The joy of being a home brewer is I make what I want. If you like hop juice don't get mad. I don't care. But don't tell me that it's not beer with out hops.

Well at least you didnt come in here trying to start a argument......... [cough]

I just made a comment and disturbed said

"Hops are in every beer. You did not officially make beer with out hops. Some are just to balance the beer some are for the flavor and bitterness the hops bring."

So I was just defending myself.

Beer is water, malt, yeast, hops. The KCCO lager has hops. Every commercial beer has hops. Those addition are early in the boil so all the flavor and aroma is pretty much gone. I'm not arguing that you don't like "hop juice" that's you taste in beer. Just your argument doesn't make sense today. Back in history of brewing yes. Modern brewing no.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

I know what's in beer I am thankful for your German purity lesson but I don't make commercial beer I can use anything to bitter it. The fact that hops are used more today than anything does not make a brew bittered with something besides hops not a beer.

I am by no means a kid but sometimes I try to be cool (as you
can tell) I fail at cool. So I just drink and have fun.

Don't be a d-bag. Just drink, take pics of it, post it here and laugh like everyone else. Stop arguing with people who DON'T CARE! ;)

P.S. Anyone here more than 2 days "gets" this.

You did not officially make beer with out hops.

If you would not have said that then everything eles you have been saying would be spot on. That company makes more than I do. It's just a style of beer. Make what you want, drink what you want, and always be open to change.

Don't be a d-bag. Just drink, take pics of it, post it here and laugh like everyone else. Stop arguing with people who DON'T CARE! ;)

P.S. Anyone here more than 2 days "gets" this.

I would've read your post, but I just don't care. ;)

You did not officially make beer with out hops.

If you would not have said that then everything eles you have been saying would be spot on. That company makes more than I do. It's just a style of beer. Make what you want, drink what you want, and always be open to change.

Like I said MODERN beer not ancient styles. I have been spot on. Over hundreds of years maybe a thousand that humans use hops (as well as others). The standard is hops. Enough said.

Drink what you like and brew what you like cheers!

Back