Interesting ebay kegerator??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd work, if you didn't have to spend a small fortune cleaning and retrofitting it. If you can get a decent deal, and it looks like something you want, I'd say give it a shot.

Replacement of the lines might prove impossible but if you can get the lines clean enough it could be an awesome solution.

I've used that type of soda system (for soda) at several events and it is pretty dummy proof once it is set up.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks pretty old in those pics. It would certainly be an interesting piece to have around, I don't know that I'd want to take the chance. Parts could prove difficult to locate.

Just my $.02.

Get some specs if you can. AFAIK, most soda systems feed gas, syrup (from corny), and water to make soda. You may need to do some hacking to make it work for a finished beverage.

pldoolittle said:
Get some specs if you can. AFAIK, most soda systems feed gas, syrup (from corny), and water to make soda. You may need to do some hacking to make it work for a finished beverage.

That would depend on whether it's pre-mix or post-mix. If it's premix, it should work for beer.

Cornelius serving systems are almost all pre-mix. Post-mix systems use "syrup-in-a-bag" plus water and CO2 injection. I'd be willing to bet (quite a bit) that this one is a pre-mix setup.

I haven't seen one of those in years. It's definetly a pre-mix setup. The only problem is it only chills what is in the line and not the keg.

Yuri_Rage said:
Cornelius serving systems are almost all pre-mix. Post-mix systems use "syrup-in-a-bag" plus water and CO2 injection. I'd be willing to bet (quite a bit) that this one is a pre-mix setup.

Good to know. The only system I've every worked with were post-mix. And yes, they were "syrup-in-a-bag" plus water and CO2 injection.

So all those corny kegs held drinkable beverage? No wonder they abandoned them.

I'll bet the freon is on it's last legs, if it's still there at all. I'm skeptical of used fridges after mine tanked out.

Back