Ideas for bad batch of brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokingTony

Reaction score
I have a bad batch of brown ale that I am trying to get rid of. It is drinkable, but not all that enjoyable. Temps got out of control (Texas), and there are a lot of tannins and esters. I have been intrigued by some beer bread recipes, but I wonder if the esters and tannins will just reappear in the bread. Since it is bottled and carbonated, and there is a lot of it, I am open to any suggestions on what to do with it, particularly mixing it in order for it to be more drinkable. Mixing it with pumpkin spice, coffee, or vanilla extract are all possible. I just need some encouragement, and maybe some other ideas.

Also, if anyone thinks that the tannins and esters might condition out, let me know.

Not an answer to your question, but that happened to me, too.
My a/c went out during a 100-degree 3 day period and my newcastle clone got up to 90f. The yeast was fermenting like crazy but it tasted pretty gnarly.

Back