Other hobbies besides beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmazer

Reaction score
Hello all
What else do you do besides make beer? I like mead myself. Off topic stuff is: Stained glass pic is window in our front room my stepson and wife did, I helped a little. Have quite a few model airplanes, boats, cars nitro and electric, we have a business in lapidary, do some ceramics, woodworking, welding. I am in a pipe band, got private pilot cert, padi scuba, volunteer firefighter/EMT/Hazmatech. Sometimes some fishing, hunting or waterskiing tho not much anymore.
I collect bottle openers and hobbies.

sgsnakein.jpg

Both good hobbies. I drag race, ride motorcyles and 4-wheelers, fish, hunt/shoot, finishing up my bachelor's and private pilot liscense. I was just selected for a pilot position in the USAF, where I will fly a KC-135R Stratotanker. I am currently an inflight refueler, which is basically a gas station on the sky. I refuel other jet aircraft at speeds greater than 400mph. I really enjoy gardening as well (vegtables).

My hobbies include: weight lifting, hunting, bow fishing, classical guitar, various and sundry outdoor activities, and pestering the crap out of my wife every chance I get :-D

I recently got into programming Android apps. I did a lot of computer programming in high school, but with the rise of the smart phone I figure it might be worth my while to get in on the app action. Worst case scenario, I'm out a bit of time since all the tools required to write Android apps are free. I also like SCUBA diving (PADI Advanced Open Water Cert), but haven't been out since before I left Hawaii. I initially got into running because I needed to pass my Navy fitness test, but I've found that I actually enjoy it so we'll see where that goes.

My most prevalent non-brewing hobby, though, has got to be cooking. I was inspired by my brother who just graduated culinary school with whom I plan on opening a brew pub when I get out of the Navy. Besides just being able to handle myself in a kitchen, I figure knowing how to cook will help me help my brother come up with dishes for the brew pub, especially if the recipes involves beer. I've been experimenting with using my home brew in my cooking. So far nothing great has come of it.

Gardening, wrenching on cars, hiking, biking, shooting, cooking, being a chemist (I actually enjoy the problem solving I do at work), and being a dad.

I'm a chef so cooking and hunting big game every year.
But mostly i like to Spackle Bearded Clams

It looks like a lot of us have similar hobbies.
I like guns. Old guns, handguns, target guns, flintlocks, you name it.
Along with that comes shooting and reloading.
I also like cars. Muscle cars, hot rods, old cars in general.
Hunting, fishing and camping.

Latest posts

Back