7cu ft freezer sale starting tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orion7144 said:
If you are talking half barrels then no. Unless you do have a collar and put one on the hump with a stand.

So it fits one definitely? To fit a second I need to build a stand and a collar for head space?

So it fits one definitely? To fit a second I need to build a stand and a collar for head space?

I can not say I have tried it but I do not see why not. However, I would not do it since it would kill my back. You would have to lift up ~140lbs up and over the collar then set it down slowly.

orion7144 said:
I can not say I have tried it but I do not see why not. However, I would not do it since it would kill my back. You would have to lift up ~140lbs up and over the collar then set it down slowly.

I always brew with a partner so the lifting is not an issue.

I always brew with a partner so the lifting is not an issue.

Lifting to get into a kegerator is A LOT different then lifting up and over then DOWN in the keezer. If you are comfortable with that then go for it. I just worry about when when you do get over the hump and it drops down cause you or partner slip. There goes your freezer.

Sorry for being a pessimist but I have lugged too many 1/2 barrels around to say I have been there and done that.

orion7144 said:
Lifting to get into a kegerator is A LOT different then lifting up and over then DOWN in the keezer. If you are comfortable with that then go for it. I just worry about when when you do get over the hump and it drops down cause you or partner slip. There goes your freezer.

Sorry for being a pessimist but I have lugged too many 1/2 barrels around to say I have been there and done that.

That's fine. You are just being realistic. I have a beverage air dd68 currently being used as a ferm chamber but it takes up too much real estate. Ideally I want an upright freezer, just waiting on a great CL deal.

I don't know that I'd set 140 lbs on the hump, or even on the floor for that matter. These are not commercial grade freezers.

ThatGeekGuy said:
I don't know that I'd set 140 lbs on the hump, or even on the floor for that matter. These are not commercial grade freezers.

That's the approximate weight of 3 cornies. I'm sure this thing won't last long anyways.

My last one that held 6 taps lasted 8 years and I bought it used was made in 1987 my current is almost 3 come April. I keep a couple of 3n1's around 90% of the time the compressor overload snaps and compressor won't run, quick and easy fix have a chest freezer and a full size fridge I use for lagering that I got for free both running on 3n1's freezer is going on 7 years that way.

My last one that held 6 taps lasted 8 years and I bought it used was made in 1987 my current is almost 3 come April. I keep a couple of 3n1's around 90% of the time the compressor overload snaps and compressor won't run, quick and easy fix have a chest freezer and a full size fridge I use for lagering that I got for free both running on 3n1's freezer is going on 7 years that way.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "3n1"?

I managed to get 5 Corney's in mine. 4 are regular ball lock and I have one on the hump that is a shorty 5g ball lock (22") from homebrewing.org I only did the 6" collar so did not have enough room on the hump for the normal sized ones.

This freezer is currently on sale for $137 at my local home depot. Not a bad deal for a 4-keg setup. I put a 4" collar on mine and wired a STC-1000 temp controller on the front panel and it's working great so far.

barrooze said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "3n1"?

This it replaces the starter,run relay,and overload. Most overloads are made of a thin ceramic and crack apart ( the parts on the right)

image-102735941.jpg

image-964459010.jpg

This replaces the parts above those are of of 2 fridges that where dead

Back