Odd Ball Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
I've got a corny keg that needs a new poppet. I looked on all the online stores and ordered the one that looked the closest, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

Here is what's on the keg...

Multi-flow Huntington Valley Pa
SAFER
Valmadrera - Italy

Anybody have any suggestions??

I'll post a picture of the poppet and valve a little later

My Googles told me that they use those for Mountain Dew, so ask "Mountain" Dude if he knows anything about them.

Here it is

posts.jpg

Here are the ones available at Northern. I'm wondering if I can replace the posts with the one to the right in this pic...

keg-posts.jpg

rdwj said:
Here it is

I went to my LHBS to replace a poppet - they are also an internet shop: Beer-Wine Hobby -- I had the same valve (at least it appears so) that you have in your photo. They had a poppet there with a yellow top, looked a touch shorter, but had the same tapered shape at the top and same rubber seal location. I bought it. While it lacks some of the stiffness and spring pressure of the original, it works fine.
Hope this might be of help to you. -Lou

What exactly is wrong with it? I have a corny that has a poppet that simply won't seal after it is depressed. I replaced the poppet, same problem. I replaced the post, same problem. I now know that there are a couple of different types of cornies floating around, but I haven't really researched it yet.

Back