Storing Cornnies?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter. I don't see a reason to store it pressurized. You'll still have to sanitize it anyways.

I clean them after use and then break them down and sanitize them right before filling.

I agree it really shouldn't matter as long as they are stored in a dry semi-clean area (free of dampness, bugs, mice, etc.).

I figure if you store it pressurized you are placing unnecessary pressure on all the o-rings. Removing the lid, posts and dip tubes allows the rings to maintain a round configuration versus being pressed flat during storage.

I've just started the kegging process, but I won't place the o-rings on until I sanitize and fill the keg.:D It's just more logical that way.

i do the same. i find that liquid/water gets trapped in the liquid tube sometimes, so i have to put the keg right side up for a bit to drain it, then invert again.

I store them under pressure, too many crawlies. Yes, I have to sanitize them before use, but at least I don't have to re-clean them.

Under Pressure
Do da do da da do do...
Do da do da da do do...

All Queen aside, I vote for pressurized storage. Maybe 10-12 psi. Then when you go to use them and they aren't pressurized you know you have a leak!

Back