New Convert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
Last weekend, my Busch Light drinking brother-in-law came down for a visit. I was drinking my hideous vanilla stout. Ya know, he asked for some. Grabbed up an empty jar ( really, we're in NC, afterall) and I poured him half a pint. He drank it and asked for more. This is the worst brew I've ever made ! He says " It kinda grows on you, don't it?" . A few bottles later, we're at the local bar. Mrs. Monkey drove us. Had my first Newcastle Brown. Well, half of it. I spilled the first half on the bar . Too drunk to taste it, really. Came back to the Casa and we sat out in the shed and played guitar the rest of the night.
It was a good evening. It was his first contact with homebrew. He's asking questions now. What would it have been like if it had been a good brew? Do I get points in the Great Brewery in the Sky for this?

Where in the Hell is that S. Faced icon when I need it?

The brew gods are always watching. They tend to have a warped sense of humor ..ya know. I suspect you'll be seeing a lot more of your brother-in-law. Hope you like the fella.

I'm curious though..do you have to play your guitar in the shed?

Nah ! I usually play in the living room. The kids had moved their gitfiddles and my amps out to the shed 'cause we were entertaining. The shed is kinda the focal point of the farm.

sudsmonkey said:
Nah ! I usually play in the living room. The kids had moved their gitfiddles and my amps out to the shed 'cause we were entertaining. The shed is kinda the focal point of the farm.

Ah! sounds kinda like my porch.

Back