Long time drinker, first time brewer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuke

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I've been lurking here for weeks....gathering info, tips and opinions. I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago and just bottled it tonight. Thanks to Revvy's bottling tips thread, everything went smoothly. It was hard not to ask questions everytime something popped into my head, but I was patient, searched the forums, and learned. I watched my brother-in-law do an AG batch about 2 months ago and I was hooked.

For my first batch, I wanted to brew an APA but it turned out like more of a blond ale...OG 1.043, FG 1.009. It's fairly light in color, but it looks and smells like beer; therefore, I'm happy. I'm going to make another batch tomorrow night - an Amber Ale (extract). It won't be long until I'm trying AG...can't wait.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the lessons. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tim

Hey everyone...I've been lurking here for weeks....gathering info, tips and opinions. I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago and just bottled it tonight. Thanks to Revvy's bottling tips thread, everything went smoothly. It was hard not to ask questions everytime something popped into my head, but I was patient, searched the forums, and learned. I watched my brother-in-law do an AG batch about 2 months ago and I was hooked.

For my first batch, I wanted to brew an APA but it turned out like more of a blond ale...OG 1.043, FG 1.009. It's fairly light in color, but it looks and smells like beer; therefore, I'm happy. I'm going to make another batch tomorrow night - an Amber Ale (extract). It won't be long until I'm trying AG...can't wait.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the lessons. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tim

Welcome Tim! Ask away! Good numbers on your beer, glad to see some success the first time out.

Whereabouts in Western PA? Lots of PA peeps on here.

Back