Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Favre,
Hope Childress makes you sit on the bench this week so your streak ends. But then again I also hope you play so the "greatest" team since the beginning of time ;) gets to knock you around one last time this Sunday. A$$ Hat.

That is all :cross:

I really, REALLY want Favre to play this weekend. He's like a boxer who started the fight good, but has gotten the snot beaten out of him for the past eight or nine rounds, and now he's wobbling around the ring ready to go down HARD. Would love to see Mayo or Spikes or Merriweather just knock him out for good (on a clean hit, of course ;)).

If Tavaris Jackson is handing off to All Day Peterson thirty times on Sunday, that scares me a lot more than Favre audibling into dumb passes.

Hey Favre,
Hope Childress makes you sit on the bench this week so your streak ends. But then again I also hope you play so the "greatest" team since the beginning of time ;) gets to knock you around one last time this Sunday. A$$ Hat.

That is all :cross:

now that's poetry

I really, REALLY want Favre to play this weekend. He's like a boxer who started the fight good, but has gotten the snot beaten out of him for the past eight or nine rounds, and now he's wobbling around the ring ready to go down HARD. Would love to see Mayo or Spikes or Merriweather just knock him out for good (on a clean hit, of course ;)).

If Tavaris Jackson is handing off to All Day Peterson thirty times on Sunday, that scares me a lot more than Favre audibling into dumb passes.

peterson didn't fumble once for us, so that means he's due for a good 4-5 turnovers.

AP might put the ball on the ground once or twice, but I'm still more scared of him that Favre. Pats run defense is still hit-or-miss, and that just chews up the clock and keeps Brady & Co off the field.

In any case... it's all coming to a head this weekend, isn't it? Doesn't it just feel like THIS is the week when everything gets resolved, either Favre gets hurt, or he gets benched, or Favre goes off and Chilly gets fired? Moss is either going to get 150 yards and 3 TDs or nothing.

Just really feels like everything is building up to this Sunday.

what the heck is up with this scandal? It's been weeks and the NFL has done nothing. This isn't even a "league matter", it's a crime. The NFL police seems more powerful than the vatican's

When haven't the Seahawks gotten by the skins in the playoffs?

I just looked it up to make sure. Seriously. Seattle manhandles the Skins in the playoffs.

Bringing up the past has no bearing on what happens in the future. For example, where were the Seahawks when the Skins were in the Superbowl in 82 & 83? Relevant? or not?

When was the last time the Redskins were even relevant? They've been mediocre as long as I can recall. At least the 'Hawks got jobbed out of a Super Bowl not too many years back. The Redskins ain't ****.

AP might put the ball on the ground once or twice, but I'm still more scared of him that Favre. Pats run defense is still hit-or-miss, and that just chews up the clock and keeps Brady & Co off the field.

In any case... it's all coming to a head this weekend, isn't it? Doesn't it just feel like THIS is the week when everything gets resolved, either Favre gets hurt, or he gets benched, or Favre goes off and Chilly gets fired? Moss is either going to get 150 yards and 3 TDs or nothing.

Agree. Vikings are definitely on the brink of something happening real soon. Even their "last year" awesome front 4 has ONE sack so far & the local press is hammering on this stat. Why don't you guys set them up with a Boston harbor cruise (+ hookers) to help push this eventual train wreck into action? Brett can take pics.

As for AP he hasn't fumbled at all this year. He still is working real hard for the extra yards which so often makes him drop the rock but not this year. However he hasn't been cranking out the yards like usual either. Probably because playing from behind so much though.

If Favre does play I can't wait to see his whiny post-game drama after they get spanked. Or his whiny post-game drama that his streak is over.

FavreDramaQueen.gif
Hi, Bus? Can you give me a call? I'm thinking about playing for the Raiders in '11. Can we start working on that rumor now or do we have to wait 2 months after the season is over like usual?

Patriots separate Favre from his ankle causing Moss to freak out and send penis pics to Jen Strugis. Sturgis sues the Jets and bankrupts the team causing the Pats to win the division.

Somewhere in Lake Tahoe, Desmond Howard gets into a fishing boat with Al Neri.

Must be an awesome weekend for you.

Redskins' playoff history:

Redskins playoff history
Date Game Result
Jan. 14, 2006 NFC Divisional Seattle 20, Washington 10
Jan. 7, 2006 NFC Wild Card Washington 17, Tampa Bay 10
Jan. 15, 2000 NFC Divisional Tampa Bay 14, Washington 13
Jan. 8, 2000 NFC Wild Card Washington 27, Detroit 13
Jan. 9, 1993 NFC Divisional San Francisco 20, Washington 13
Jan. 2, 1993 NFC Wild Card Washington 24, Minnesota 7
Jan. 26, 1992 Super Bowl XXVI Washington 37, Buffalo 24
Jan. 12, 1992 NFC Championship Washington 41, Detroit 10
Jan. 4, 1992 NFC Divisional Washington 24, Atlanta 7
Jan. 12, 1991 NFC Divisional San Francisco 28, Washington 10
Jan. 5, 1991 NFC Wild Card Washington 20, Philadelphia 6
Jan. 31, 1988 Super Bowl XXII Washington 41, Denver 10
Jan. 17, 1988 NFC Championship Washington 17, Minnesota 10
Jan.10, 1988 NFC Divisional Washington 21, Chicago 17
Jan. 11, 1987 NFC Championship N.Y. Giants 17, Washington 0
Jan. 3, 1987 NFC Divisional Washington 27, Chicago 13
Dec. 28, 1986 NFC Wild Card Washington 19, L.A. Rams 7
Dec. 30, 1984 NFC Divisional Chicago 23, Washington 19
Jan. 22, 1984 Super Bowl XVIII L.A. Raiders 38, Washington 9
Jan. 8, 1984 NFC Championship Washington 24, San Francisco 21
Jan. 1, 1984 NFC Divisional Washington 51, L.A. Rams 7
Jan. 30, 1983 Super Bowl XVII Washington 27, Miami 17
Jan. 22, 1983 NFC Championship Washington 31, Dallas 17
Jan. 15, 1983 NFC Divisional Washington 21, Minnesota 7
Jan. 8, 1983 NFC Wild Card Washington 31, Detroit 7
Dec. 18, 1976 NFC Divisional Minnesota 35, Washington 20
Dec. 22, 1974 NFC Divisional L.A. Rams 19, Washington 10
Dec. 22, 1973 NFC Divisional Minnesota 27, Washington 20
Jan. 14, 1973 Super Bowl VII Miami 14, Washington 7
Dec. 31, 1972 NFC Championship Washington 26, Dallas 3
Dec. 24, 1972 NFC Divisional Washington 16, Green Bay 3
Dec. 26, 1971 NFC Divisional San Francisco 24, Washington 20
Dec. 16, 1945 NFC Championship Cleveland 15, Washington 14
Dec. 26, 1943 NFL Championship Chicago 41, Washington 21
Dec. 19, 1943 Eastern Division Washington 28, N.Y. Giants 0
Dec. 13, 1942 NFL Championship Washington 14, Chicago 6
Dec. 8, 1940 NFC Championship Chicago 73, Washington 0
Dec. 12, 1937 NFL Championship Washington 28, Chicago 21

Is that right? They've made the playoffs TWICE since 1993? I remember them beating the snot out of the Bills, I remember Doug Williams... but man, I didn't realize that they had only made the playoffs twice in almost the past two decades.

What part of "since 1993" do you have difficulty comprehending? Or "almost two decades"?

Maybe you should have worn one of those Mark Kelso-style helmets when you were playing high school ball.

the part of accurate reporting.

inserting an adverb so you can short a stat more than 50% is, well, fitting for a cheating pats fan ;)

Five years in the past ten. Ain't bad. Wouldn't cut it in New England (our standards are a little higher in these parts), but that's pretty respectable.

Jan. 14, 2007 - NFC Divisional - Chicago 27, Seattle 24

• Jan. 6, 2007 - NFC Wild Card - Seattle 21, Dallas 20

• Feb. 5, 2006 - Super Bowl XL - Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10

• Jan. 22, 2006 - NFC Championship - Seattle 34, Carolina 14

• Jan. 14, 2006 - NFC Divisional - Seattle 20, Washington 10

• Jan. 8, 2005 - NFC Wild Card - St. Louis 27, Seattle 20

• Jan. 4, 2004 - NFC Wild Card - Green Bay 33, Seattle 27

• Jan. 9, 2000 - AFC Wild Card - Miami 20, Seattle 17

• Dec. 31, 1988 - AFC Divisional - Cincinnati 21, Seattle 13

• Jan. 3, 1988 - AFC Wild Card - Houston 23, Seattle 20

• Dec. 29, 1984 - AFC Divisional - Miami 31, Seattle 10

• Dec. 22, 1984 - AFC Divisional - Seattle 14, L.A. Raiders 7

• Jan. 8, 1984 - AFC Championship - L.A. Raiders 30, Seattle 14

• Dec. 31, 1983 - AFC Divisional - Seattle 27, Miami 20

• Dec. 24, 1983 - AFC Wild Card - Seattle 31, Denver 7

You left a couple out..

Jan 5th 2008 Seattle bounced the Redskins out of the playoffs again by 35-14.

The next week the Packers sent the Hawks back to Seattle in that horrible snow game. Seattle was up 14-0 within a few minutes of kickoff, then the deeper the snow got, the more the game went the other way.

I first game was great. Tom Cruise was in the Skins owners box. In the fourth quarter Marcus Trufant picked off a pass and ran it back 78 yards for a touchdown to put the Hawks up by 14. Cruise turned around and left. The Seattle commentators said "See... Jack Nicholson was right about him. You can't HANDLE the TRUF!!!" :D

All this is just evidence of how much of a hardcore Redskins fan I am. 28 years through the good times & bad times, never routing for another team.....and I've never even lived near them. It'll be hard to shake me.

All this is just evidence of how much of a hardcore Redskins fan I am. 28 years through the good times & bad times, never routing for another team.....and I've never even lived near them. It'll be hard to shake me.

Especially since you live in Arizona now....

Hard to be a Cards fan....

im sick of football announcers using the term "scrum"

as a former rugger, the way they use it is ridiculous.

it's not even a good analogy. a pile on top of a loose ball would be closer to a ruck than a scrum.

I've never heard them use the term for a pile up on a loose ball. I always hear them use it when there's a large group all on their feet, pushing against each other trying to move the group one way or another. Looks like a scrum to me.

edit: Wait, that was way to polite for this forum. Let me add... "You're WRONG! And you're an IDIOT for thinking that way!" There... that's better.

I've never heard them use the term for a pile up on a loose ball. I always hear them use it when there's a large group all on their feet, pushing against each other trying to move the group one way or another. Looks like a scrum to me.

edit: Wait, that was way to polite for this forum. Let me add... "You're WRONG! And you're an IDIOT for thinking that way!" There... that's better.

never. it's always "at the bottom of the scrum", when they're trying to figure out post-fumble possession. players on their feet, pushing against each other is also the definition of a ruck. or a maul.

also, childress is the dumbest coach in NFL history

HA! just *knew* that the Pats were going to knock the old man out! Clean shot, too. ****, I don't even begrudge Tavaris throwing a TD, that'll just magnify this week's controversy.

That's it. Chilly's boy came in, he won't let Favre back in. He doesn't want to play him, and Favre will go home if he's not going to start.

PLEASE let the damn Favre era be over.... PLEASE!

someone give Myron Pryor a virgin. and whoever it was who bounced farve's head on the ground in the first quarter. hot damn, i wish I would have seen that live. stupid trick or treating!

oh, and new england....you're welcome.

I just gotta say... How's about them Green Bay Packers? Look at 'em there, all alone atop the NFC North... And despite the fact that I hate the Patriots with a passion that burns with the heat of a thousand suns, I must give them a hearty "well done" for the thrashing they put on Brent. Those are the first and only props I will ever send out to the Patriots.

I just gotta say... How's about them Green Bay Packers? Look at 'em there, all alone atop the NFC North... And despite the fact that I hate the Patriots with a passion that burns with the heat of a thousand suns, I must give them a hearty "well done" for the thrashing they put on Brent. Those are the first and only props I will ever send out to the Patriots.

I really, really hope you meant "Brent" in this sense.

never-forget-you-brent.jpg

Oh, SNAP! Detroit is back in it!

Better not be caught looking over your shoulder, Cleveland!

No worries, Homer.

The Browns had the week off. They're gonna be ready to play Sunday. Cleveland is going to win one of the next two.
You have any IPA in stock? If not, you better get busy. 3-7 after week ten That's money in the bank:ban:

Back