I warned them.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
I told them all, "be careful with that Apfelwein its dangerous stuff", "Apfelwein will sneak up on you, so watch out", and "This stuff will MESS you UP!"

and then...... I proved myself right :drunk:

You're supposed to now proceed to tell stories of your friend's druken apfelwine misadventures complete with pictures. Otherwise this thread is a tease...or a waste of bandwidth.

If it doesn't top this, then it aint even funny...

drunk.jpg

:D

It wasnt' my friends, it was me :eek: I would be ratting on myself.........

OK, here goes. It actually wasn't anything epic, just started in on the Apfelwein at my friends anniversary part after several Fat Tires (thats all they had that wasn't BMC) and a few of my own Moose Drool Clones. We (mostly I) finished off the two bottles of Apfelwein I brought as "thier" gift.

Spent the night dancing and partying, had a great time.

woke up early this morning on the couch fully clothed with an incredible hangover. Crawled into bed nest to SWMBO who muttered something like "whats the matter, a little hungover this morning?"

Passed back out till about 11:00 when she brought me food. She asked me if I was hungry when we got home last night. I had put a TV dinner in the microwave before I layed down on the couch. It was still there.

Oh, and I left the bedroom last night pissed off and slammed the door on my way out. that always makes SWMBOs happy the next morning. Not completely sure what I was even mad about (maybe that there was no more Apfelwein :cross:)

I have a whole new respect for the devils elixer.

my only good Apfelwein story involves Teresa aka SWMBO.

She loves Cider and Porter, but not much else.
She tried Apfelwein.... and killed 4 bottles.

she told me that if she ever saw bottled apfelwein in the house again she would feed me to the doberman.

I said " so I can keg it?"

she said " Hell yes, make it sweeter though"

I have a mission.
To not be dog food.

I always warn people, dont drink more than 2 if you're a girl, 3 if you're a guy. They never listen....

My wife drank 5 bottles one night and turned into a mean drunk, it was actually kind of cute

then my friends brother who just got done with his first year of college thought he was a total badass "I can drink jack straight, i can handle this too"....he ended up puking his guts out

How many times do I have to say this; Don't drink wine out of a beer glass! That's what ****s ya every time! If I ever learn embroidery I will make up a stitch thingee with that saying on it.

I have a buddy that is a pretty good drinker, and he had heard the tales of the mystic Apfelwein. He felt the need to come over and prove we were a bunch of lightweights.

LOng story short, 2 hrs and 5 empty bottles later, he puked in my sink and his girlfriend helped me toss his drunk butt in the passenger seat. I laughed my ass off as she drove him home.

Back