Delaware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer my own question. I went to both yesterday and I think State Line Liquors has about a third larger beer selection. I have to say it was impressive. But don't get me wrong, Total Wine had a very good selection too.

I would agree that State Line has a better beer selection. Total wine isn't bad for the beer, but imo it just carries the mass produced stuff. The one down on Rt 7 has that little beer wall section. So if I ever wanted to enjoy one bottle of a craft beer at home, but missed paying the upcharge you get from a bar, they did a great job of solving that problem :drunk:

Where is state line liquors? I've never been there, im always looking for new places to spend my money on beer!

The new whole foods on 202 just into PA has a very solid beer selection and you can buy six packs and single bottles. Avery, Russian river, Petrus - I was pleased. Plus they have 6 or so taps and do growler fills. Pinnochios in media is solid too. Lastly I'd agree stateline is better than total wine - overall more beer and a lot more refrigerated. I feel anything decent at total wine is warm.

Since we're speaking of places with a great beer selection, Wegmans is actually pretty amazing. They offer a pretty good selection of craft beers, both chilled and room temp.

I know Wegmans isn't actually in DE, and the closest is about 30 minutes up 202 into PA. But if you're ever near one, I suggest stopping in.

REALLY? Any buildings on the property?

Actually it’s an empty lot on W. Main St. It’s a property I bought a few years back. I just haven’t had time to bring it to fruition; for I’m a small business owner. I just got an architect on it last week. The first floor will be commercial.

2BorNot said:
Actually it’s an empty lot on W. Main St. It’s a property I bought a few years back. I just haven’t had time to bring it to fruition; for I’m a small business owner. I just got an architect on it last week. The first floor will be commercial.

Let's make a barrelhouse brew pub

I'm in Newark/Hockessin area, but I work down the street from State Line Liquors. Great place.

I'm actually closer to South Bowers. If it is Historic Milford I've never seen the historic side of it.

Dover brewer here. Been brewing for about 2 years. Been doing all-grain for about 8 months. Can't believe I just saw this thread!

Nice and good luck! What categories? I entered everything I had in stock, some is good, some not so good:

APA
Belgian Wit
English Mild
Speciatly - Stout aged on oak and vanilla bean
Munich Helles
I entered a Kölsch and a Belgian Specialty Ale. I think my Kölsch may have a chance at a ribbon.

I entered a Kölsch and a Belgian Specialty Ale. I think my Kölsch may have a chance at a ribbon.

Awesome! I think the stout is my only real contender. Last year my scottish ale placed. Hoping for the best. I'm happy to see they moved the tasting portion to 5pm-8pm. Last year it was at 12-3 and miserably hot. No one wanted to stay for the awards later in the day.

Awesome! I think the stout is my only real contender. Last year my scottish ale placed. Hoping for the best. I'm happy to see they moved the tasting portion to 5pm-8pm. Last year it was at 12-3 and miserably hot. No one wanted to stay for the awards later in the day.

Accuweather is forecasting a high of 83° on Saturday. Should be a great day!

Good luck guys. How do we find out results of the contest? Will they post it on the website?

They will be posted on this website: http://battleofthebrews.webs.com/

If I remember correctly the competition organize made a real nice excel spreadsheet last year which listed all the beers by their categories with their scores and places. It was up within a day or two. Score sheets mailed out within a few weeks. UPDATE: went to the website and they still have last years results up so you can see

Brewer from Magnolia here, been at it for a little over 4 years...

Entered everything I had available into comp:
Irish Red
Pale Ale
Specialty - Black IPA
Fruit - Lime Ale
Sweet Stout - Mocha Java

I put a few entries in:

Helles/Maibock
Cream Ale
American IPA
Spice/Herb Beer (Jasmine Blonde Ale)
Wood Aged (American Imperial Stout)

If they transported well, I'm hopeful for a good score on the Maibock. Anxious to see the results!

I put a few entries in:

Helles/Maibock
Cream Ale
American IPA
Spice/Herb Beer (Jasmine Blonde Ale)
Wood Aged (American Imperial Stout)

If they transported well, I'm hopeful for a good score on the Maibock. Anxious to see the results!

Did you call it a Wrecking Bock, by any chance?

That link doesn't seem to work. Can anyone post the results?

Link worked for me, they are pictures of the results sheets on facebook. What categories did you enter? Someone can probably post the results of the categories you want, dont feel like typing them all out :)

Congrats to all the winners! There were some really interesting beers in some of the fruit, spice and speciatly beer categories. I seem to remember a berliner weisse with ancho chili? or something like that!

Back