Lavender clover bee balm metheglin/mead recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floralfallon

Reaction score
2 1/2 lb clover honey
1 quart dried lavender flowers
1/2 quart large purple clovers
1/2 quart bee balm flower heads, cut up
1/4 tsp acid blend
1/4 tsp liwuid tannin
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1campden tablet
Gallon carboy
Primary fermenter
Water to equal 1 gallon
Champagne yeast
Dirrections: in large pot boil half gallon of water and honey, skimming off top, sometimes i do sometimes i dont, keep stiring often to prevent honey from burning, once just begining to boil pour hot water honey over all dry ingredients except your yeast and campden, stir, cover and let steap one hour, after the hour add the other half gallon of water, stir and recover. In 5 hours add your crushed campden tablet, stir. Cover again untill morning. In the morning rehydrate your yeast based on package dirrections, add to your cooled must and stir in.ferment in your primary for 4 days, on the fourth day strain to remove flowers, return to primary for another day to allow lees to settle, rack from primary to carboy, fit airlock and let sit 4 weeks, rack after the 4 weeks, refit airlock and sit 6 weeks, stabilize and bottle. Allow to sit for a year. Yum.

Nice recipe and thanks for sharing!! I want to start a lavender lemon mead here pretty soon. I'm curious about adding lavender during the primary fermentation and another small batch during secondary to get more lavender flavor. How pronounced is the lavender scent and taste from using 1 gt of lavender flowers in the primary fermentation?

Back