HOPS-BOPS 2012 Results?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by the store a week or so ago, George and Nancy were still trying to get sponsors who committed to actually send them the prizes. There are some other logistical things, but they haven't forgotten--at least they won't if I keep bugging them

Boy, this competition was really run poorly. Nothing like the ones around here in MN. Prizes are already in house for the local ones here. Score sheets and prizes usually get sent out the Monday right after the competition around here.

What's amazing to me is that this was called Hops Bops XXVIII....the last time I checked my Roman numerals, that was 28. Has this competition been run this poorly for 28 years?....and, if so, how is it even still around? I'm pretty sure that I'll be passing on this one next year.

I received my prizes and ribbons as well....my ribbon has a label with my name on it, but, if you look closely behind the label, it says Dennis Decker....haha.

Dennis Decker won a Gold Medal for his Maibock in NHC this year, his photo is in Zymurgy and everything.

http://www.elsinorebrewing.com/#!awards

"Future Head Brewer Dennis Decker has been entering his Home Brewed beers in Homebrew Competitions to get feedback from BJCP certified beer judges."

http://www.elsinorebrewing.com/#!mission

"Our mission at Elsinore will be to offer fresh and exciting Craft Beer brewed localy in small batches. We will be offering 6-8 year round beers as well as seasonal offerings and unique "Special Test" pilot brews available while they last- only at the brewery . Our goal is to be up an running and have our beer for sale in 2014."

Note: They took down the part where it said Decker was "brewing test batches on his pilot brewery at home". This was up as recently as a month or two ago.

We are all aware of that site, I think its the main reason he was DQ'ed previously.

I just found it funny that the AHA doesn't follow their own rules. But I am sure they just don't know the background is all.

"Future Head Brewer Dennis Decker has been entering his Home Brewed beers in Homebrew Competitions to get feedback from BJCP certified beer judges."

His numerous golds, including at the NHC, should be enough feedback!

On a side note I bet Elsinore's beer will be reallllly good.

Back