time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here's clue number two: first of all nobodys hitting close on which birch product im referring to. Second, there's another key ingredient that adds flavor and darkens the beer minutely.

Sweet stout (I'm sure I have the ingredient right, but I won't give it away for you... If it's what I think I used it in a brew too)

Germelli1 said:
Hazelnut Stout?

Close. Keep going. Im really ticked off right now because I got pulled over by the California Highway Patrol this morning... tickets blow

Nice clues my friend. I for one am won over by allowing posters to branch out from styles for certain ingredients. There are only so many styles in existance and this keeps the game exciting (and MJ from winning every one :D )

I was way off with the ingredient for my first guess. I was thinking xylitol. Made from birch bark and is a non fermentable sweetener. I thought maybe a sweet chocolate stout for the lactose intolerant! ;) oh well. After the next clue I got it. Pic up in a minute, I need to think of a clue....

Ok, I've been waiting to post a pic with my new super cool Shiny! glass!

I'll give a hint later my brain is fried right now.

image-3267752532.jpg

Anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to post many want to take over for me? I am leaving my main work at 4 to work 4-12 tonight and 9AM-11AM sat and sunday for another job!

Back