Hoptimum, drink it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jknapp

Reaction score
So, I have a hook up with Sierra Nevada.. Do I drink it, or wait a bit??

image-2932140492.jpg

some of us are hoptimumly deprived - drink it or donate it :)
edit - where abouts in seattle are you? your my age, I graduated from shorecrest in 89

Yeah, I have a hook up at Sierra Nevada too, it's called the store, hahahaha. I got mine about a month ago. My 2 bottles were gone within 2 weeks.

Yeah, I have a hook up at Sierra Nevada too, it's called the store, hahahaha. I got mine about a month ago. My 2 bottles were gone within 2 weeks.

That's funny! I had a bottle two weeks ago and I'm in freaking Vermont. The smell that comes from a hoptimum is dankly intense.

I got 2 bottles from a friend of mine who works for a beer distributor in PA, outside of Philly. I drank one the other night and I got to be honest...I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was def tasty but not on par with SN's other offerings I feel.

I got 2 bottles from a friend of mine who works for a beer distributor in PA, outside of Philly. I drank one the other night and I got to be honest...I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was def tasty but not on par with SN's other offerings I feel.

good or bad, nothing wrong with an honest opinion. how does it compare to a torpedo? I'm still trying to find one to taste for myself

good or bad, nothing wrong with an honest opinion. how does it compare to a torpedo? I'm still trying to find one to taste for myself

I thought it was very sweet, with a bit of alcohol burn to it. Significantly sweeter and way less drinkable than Torpedo in my opinion.

some of us are hoptimumly deprived - drink it or donate it :)
edit - where abouts in seattle are you? your my age, I graduated from shorecrest in 89

I'm in West Seattle. Graduated from Woodway in '89. The last class to graduate before it became Edmonds/Woodway.

It is a tasty brew no doubt. People run into problems when they try to compare it to another beer they enjoy. I try to just enjoy it for what the brewer wanted it to be. It has an incredible nose and is boozy with a thick mouthfeel. I think it's fantastic.

Back