First Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
Ok for Christmas I am giving myself a new brew stand I am making (if I can find any kegs for keggles) I want to make the one tier setup with the pumps. What dimensions are usually used? The way it appears to me in pictures they seem to high. Wouldn't you want the top of the keggle to be below your eyes when on the stand? It just seems like you would only want it to be a few feet tall can someone help me with this

I made mine high enough to drain the brew kettle into the carboy. 21" from the floor to the valve on the BK I think.

I have heard of BYO plans for "Brutus" systems im still unsure as to what BYO is maybe "brew your own" and not sure on Brutus maybe plans to build your own stand I dunno. hopefully some one more wise will chime in and answer my questions.

-=jason=-

thanks JonW kinda what I gathered with out seeing anyone actually say what the Brutus 20 or 10 was.

-=jason=-

That is really cool Jon I'd love to make something like that but I have to ask, what was your cost?

That is really cool Jon I'd love to make something like that but I have to ask, what was your cost?

About $2600. The BCS system, temp probes and SS ball valves are about $1000 of that though.

That price also does not include the cost of the kettles. I started with keggles, then bought the two Blichmann's off Craigslist for $600 and sold my two keggles for $300, so the step up price to the Blichmann's was only $300. My total investment in kettles is about $500.

Back