Need help w/ASCO's ASAP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebootersBrewing

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my Brutus build is very close to being done. Yesterday I finished wiring the pumps and the ASCO valves to my control box. I test fired the BK burner which doesn't have an ASCO valve and it burns like champ. I then moved onto the MT and HLT burners and I got tiny, pathetic flames. It seems like the ASCO valves aren't letting enough gas through. Here's some background:

1. The valves I'm using are 8210G94 which according to this, has a minimum operating pressure of 0 psi: http://www.ascovalve.com/Common/PDFFiles/Product/8210R1.pdf

2. I'm using 10-tip low pressure burners like Lonnie with low pressure propane. Though I'm not using the frame as a gas beam, I'm using 1/2" black pipe for the gas plumbing.

3. I figured that the fact the normally closed valves open tells me that I got the wiring correct.

So all that being said I can't figure out why the valves won't let enough gas through. If anybody has any ideas or has dealt with this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

I have them connected the right way.

I guess I need to delete this thread beacuse now they're working. Before I was only letting them burn for a few seconds when I saw the poor flame and then turned off the valves. I just went out to the garage to see what happened if I just let them run. Sure enough, they burned like crap for about 20 seconds and then wham, full tilt! So I'm not sure if it's because enough pressure has build up in the lines or what, but they work now.

I have them connected the right way.

I guess I need to delete this thread beacuse now they're working. Before I was only letting them burn for a few seconds when I saw the poor flame and then turned off the valves. I just went out to the garage to see what happened if I just let them run. Sure enough, they burned like crap for about 20 seconds and then wham, full tilt! So I'm not sure if it's because enough pressure has build up in the lines or what, but they work now.

Great! Yea, I'll bet it just need a good purging... Brew on my friend!

Back