Visiting AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Visiting my son in AZ and stopped by a couple of places so far.

Lunch and brew at Four Peaks.. Some really nice brews. Liked their Kiltlifter and Stout a lot. My favorite was Hop Knot I'd definitely go back.

Visited Brewers Connection and bought a couple of things... Right behind Four Peaks. Picked up a couple of their clone recipes.

Finally, hit Papago Brew.. didn't like that near as much. Found one called Big Bad Baptist that I thought was super.

Looking forward to trying a few more today and then getting ready to head back home to CA. Love AZ.. especially at this time of year.

Yep, it's been great so far. Today, we started late and went to SanTan Brewery. Now, there are some great brews. What a hopping place. We had three brews today.. Epicenter Amber.. smooth. Devils Ale.. nice, hoppy and well balanced. Then HopShock IPA.. Wow, that was N I C E.. and the Niners were looking good on the screen over the Saints.. Not sure how it ended.

But, we ended and went to a car show. Holy moley.. I have No idea how many cars were there.. This happens EVERY Saturday.. but, normally not nearly so many cars.. The reason for the huge number was the famous Barrett-Jackson collecter car auction houses was there. So many collector cars there. I fell in love with a '48 Ford Super V8 convertible that was spectacular. My wife told me if I got the garage cleaned out I could have it. Well, that ain't about to happen soon.. soooo.. I guess I saved myself about $55k.. grin.

Tomorrow, we head for Prescott (pronounced Prescitt).. but, no time for any breweries... Then Monday, we head back to Healdsburg, CA

Check out San Tan in chandler. I prefer their stout to four peaks. Plus they do cheese and bacon stuffed hamburgers. That's right, hamburgers filled with cheese and bacon. I dare you to not say you want some of that.

Back