Wine in beer bottles and caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwbbc

Reaction score
Been thinking of the possibility of bottling wine (reds) in beer bottles as I normally do not drink a full 750 quick enough. I have tested using the 330 ml from cantillion etc with corks which is nearly ready so as of now I don't have feedback I assume there is a very small risk of elevated cork in the flavor due to less volume.

But the real question is using beer bottles and caps Anyone have experience or feedback?

I am assuming this is fine as well, but I am making my first wine this week and only have 3 bottles currently! :) By the time the wine is ready to bottle, i am hoping to have about 20, but would like to put the remainder in beer bottles. Any drawbacks besides the look? I also figure it would be nice to use the beer bottles as the 'tasting' bottles as it ages to be certain it is far enough along before opening a 750 or 1500 ml bottle!

Back