New brew and a bottled batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
Just brewed up some of BierMuncher's Sterling Gold for a family get-together later this summer. Can't wait to taste this one!
mash1.JPG

firstrun.JPG

preboil.JPG

Also bottled a batch of Apfelwein last night. I had dumped 5 gallons of store brand apple juice on top of a yeast cake from a wheat beer I did. Left it in the carboy for several months. There is an amazing amount of fruitiness and just enough lingering sweetness. Carbed the whole batch.

ciderarmy.JPG

Also bottled a batch of Apfelwein last night. I had dumped 5 gallons of store brand apple juice on top of a yeast cake from a wheat beer I did. Left it in the carboy for several months. There is an amazing amount of fruitiness and just enough lingering sweetness. Carbed the whole batch.

wow.. sounds great.. looks like a good brew too.. your family should enjoy it!

Your health advisory for the day: put some close-toed shoes on :)

But looking good. I tried using heiney bottles for my apfelwein the other day but couldn't cap them with a wing capper...did you use a bench capper?

PseudoChef -

Health advisory noted. Can't help myself, I'm a compulsive bare-footer. I'm sure I'll change that when I spill something hot on myself (although I'll probably cry due to loss of wort, not blisters on my toes!).

I had trouble with one of the Heineken bottles, but usually I can get them to cap OK. I use the normal wing capper, and occasionally, it just pops off to the side and doesn't work on them.

I'm a pseudo-hippy too, don't worry. Only time I wear shoes is in the lab because it's required and when brewing. And when super cold.

Pseudo - what kind of lab? I am a biologist, so I can sympathize - through college and one of my previous jobs anyways. I am a paper-pusher "biologist" now. :(

Back