Dual Probe Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
I am purchasing a chest freezer to do my fermentation in and have had a couple situations in the past (and right now) where I will be fermenting an Ale and Lager at the same time. I would like to be able to do both in the same freezer.

Is there a temperature controller that has a dual probe? The idea would be to have one prob on the lager controlling the freezer and have another probe connected to the Ale's carboy which would control a Ferm Belt or Heat Pad connected to the ale. I could even put a piece of insulating foam between the fermenters to make sure heat from the Ale doesn't carry over to the lager.

Is there a better way to do this? Would I need 2 separate temperature controllers?

I am purchasing a chest freezer to do my fermentation in and have had a couple situations in the past (and right now) where I will be fermenting an Ale and Lager at the same time. I would like to be able to do both in the same freezer.

Is there a temperature controller that has a dual probe? The idea would be to have one prob on the lager controlling the freezer and have another probe connected to the Ale's carboy which would control a Ferm Belt or Heat Pad connected to the ale. I could even put a piece of insulating foam between the fermenters to make sure heat from the Ale doesn't carry over to the lager.

Is there a better way to do this? Would I need 2 separate temperature controllers?

I just use 2 seperate STC-1000 temp controls to do exactly this.

Back