austin homebrew supply help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One is LME (Liquid Malt Extract) and one is DME (Dry Malt Extract). Most people seem to prefer liquid if you'll be brewing fairly soon. DME keeps better long term, however.

Some people also say DME attenuates a little better. I think it has more to do with the quality/age of the LME. I've always had good results with AHS's LME.

It has been my experience that DME will keep you brew a little lighter in color than LME, depending on your style this may be something you want.......

Our Extra light Liquid Malt Extract has a lovibond of 2. The lightest grain possible 2-row grain has a lovibond of 1.8

DME is made from LME so it is darker. Although you use less DME than LME so it is about a wash.

DME will be lighter than liquid extract in a can or liquid extracts that are not fresh or liquid extracts that are from other countries.

Our liquid malt extract produces beer that is as light or lighter than using all grain or DME.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back