Another new brewstand..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridemywideglide

Reaction score
Well here's my plan. A couple jpg's and the sketchup file.

I should be getting the steel this weekend or early next week. I'll be using two bg14's and a 6 inch bg12 clone. The pics and sketchup just show 14's.
Future improvements will be automation, and eventually "flex-fuel", having the option run electric or propane depending on where I'm located.

Also going 1.25", vs the 2" shown. I just modified an existing sketchup brewstand (Bobby's I believe) and didn't want to spend time changing all the pipes. Overall dimensions will be the same.

I can't upload the sketch, I'll edit in a few with a link..

<this should work>

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=dd6d71853ccb839bcbbf41df7a73c35d

BradsBrewStand.jpg

BradsBrewStand2.jpg

Looks good my only concern would be that the lowest vessel will not work with the pumps the way it is setup now.

Definitely wasn't my sketch file. I wonder what the author's intent was with having the low tier in the middle. It would work just fine in the up up down config like the brewmagic. I also agree that the pump needs to be lower than the lowest vessel.

Looks good my only concern would be that the lowest vessel will not work with the pumps the way it is setup now.

In reading the many threads on match alternatives, it seems there are some less-picky pumps out there that may work. They could even be hung from the bottom of the brackets they sit on to get below the pot. The pump placement is totally just for show at this point. I have no pumps at the moment, it's just going to be a frame for a while.

Definitely wasn't my sketch file. I wonder what the author's intent was with having the low tier in the middle. It would work just fine in the up up down config like the brewmagic. I also agree that the pump needs to be lower than the lowest vessel.

After looking through my save archive, it wasn't yours. But it didn't come drawn like this, it was a single tier that I modified with a center drop.
The center down is more visual than functional probably, tho I think it will work out the same. I'm cursed with a symetrical mind (and maybe some OCD)and just don't like the look of the up up down config.
If it is totally horrible to brew on, adding the 2 removed top sections would not be that difficult, and I'd have the original single tier.

Might be overkill, but strength-wise it would be good to have a brace across the back in the middle section. Help keep it from taco-ing. The steel is likely plenty oversized though, making it unnecessary.

Back